Teachers can borrow materials from FCPC’s Environmental Education program FREE OF CHARGE (as long as all of the items are returned in good working condition). More kits will be added as materials become available.
Each of the kits below can be borrowed for up to 4 weeks. A teacher may only borrow one kit at a time. Reservations are accepted and strongly suggested to ensure the kit you want is available. You may use the kits independently in your classroom or you can set up a time for the Environmental Education Coordinator to come to your classroom. Fill out the form below to reserve a kit today!
The Pedal Power® is a tool that you can use in your classroom to teach about energy production, use, and conservation. Students can actually ride a stationary bike to power a generator, which in turn powers an incandescent light bulb, a compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL), a LED light bulb, a hair dryer, radio, and a fan. A photovoltaic (PV) panel is available for use to power the equipment above as well.
Equipment is provided by UWSP KEEP office.
Want to know your tree species better? Here’s your chance. Use this kit to learn identification skills and learn your local tree species.
- Dichotomous keys
- Glossary and Dichotomous keys
- Tree ID Terms
- Tree species description cards
- Urban Tree key
- Potawatomi Name Translation sheets
- Disease sheets
- Informational folder
- Fandex of tree species
- Red pine cookies
- Other cookies
See what it’s like to be a forester and understand the woods better.
- Biltmore sticks
- 10-factor prism
- Spencer tapes
- Small tally sheets
- Large tally inventory sheets
Uncover what’s in your woods without having to see the animals! Learn how to identify critters based on their footprints, stride length, and scat.
- 1 set of reference plaster tracks including the names of the animals
- 1 set of plaster testing tracks to use for quizzing
- 5 different track reference sheets
- 4 pocket field guides
- wolf track survey sheets
- Monarch finger puppet
- Monarch life stages poster
- Monarch life cycle model
- Book: Go a Go! Go a Go!
- Book: National Geographic Readers: Great Migrations Butterflies
- Book: Monarch! Come Play with Me
- DVD: The Incredible Journey of the Butterflies
- Butterfly wing microscope slide
- Binder containing monarch-themed activities
- Bat hand puppet
- Bat skeleton acrylic block
- Little brown bat skull replica
- Book: Bat Loves the Night
- Book: Shadows of the Night: The Hidden World of the Little Brown Bat
- Book: Little Red Bat
- Binder containing bat-themed activities