Skip to content Skip to content
- Winter Solstice the shortest day and longest night of the year) occurs December 21st.
- Lakes begin freezing-over.
- Many lakes in the northern hemisphere are at risk of not freezing-over in future winters.
- The average first date of measurable snow in Laona occurs on October 20th with 0.1″ of snow.
- Laona has an average 74.5″ of snow each season.
- You may see a jump in deer activity due to unbred does entering another estrus cycle.
- ”Second rut” occurs about 28 days after main rut.